("Terms") and describes how ("", "Company", "we", "us", or "our") collects, uses, and shares information provided to us through our website win.staticstuff.net (the "Site"), and the services available through our Site ("", "Service", or "Services").
We collect information about users of our Service (our "Customers"), as well as our Customers' end users ("End Users") (collectively, "you", "your", or "yourself"). Note that Customers are also End Users
, as we use our own Service to track itself. Some of the information collected may be Personal Data
(defined as personal data of End Users that is processed by on behalf of Customers). Your rights regarding Personal Data are described in this Policy.
By using the Service, you agree that your information will be handled as described by this Policy, and that your usage and any disputes over privacy are subject to the Agreement.
Information we collect
We collect information about you through your use of our Service and/or from the websites and services provided by our Customers.
When you create an account, you provide us with a username, password, real name, and email address, as well as one or more websites that you own and want to monitor with the Service. If you make a purchase, you provide us with your billing information such as card number and address. This information is used for the purposes of having and maintaining your account. Your email is only used for important account notifications, such as a failed payment or expiring subscription, and occasional news and updates about the service.
From End Users
We collect information from End Users under the instruction of our Customers, under which circumstance we have no direct relationship with the End Users.
The following information is logged to our tracking servers when an End User visits a Customer's website.
- URL & Title of pages viewed
- URL & Title of any links that are clicked on pages viewed
- User agent
- Screen resolution
- x/y coordinates of mouse events
- Anonymized IP address
- For visitors using VPNs such as Apple's iCloud Private Relay , we will always log the full IP address of the VPN, as the visitor's true IP address is already hidden and does not require further anonymization.
- Additional information that may be logged if visitor privacy is disabled for fraud or security purposes:
- Full IP address ("IP")
- Unique ID tracking cookie ("UID") -- Most privacy laws consider a UID cookie to be Personal Data, even though it is randomly generated and does not identify who you are or reveal anything else about you. Its sole purpose is to more accurately track unique visitors.
- Custom data -- This feature can be used by a site to attach additional data to a visitor, potentially including Personal Data such as a name or email address, but it is against our Terms to log Personal Data using this feature without disclosure or (depending on "legitimate interest") consent. Customers are responsible for obtaining content from End Users, if necessary. This feature requires a small amount of configuration and coding by Customers, so only a small percentage of Customers use it.
Processing of UID and IP Personal Data is lawful and does not require your direct consent because it is "necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests" (GDPR
Article 6), and "necessary to fulfill the legitimate interests" (LGPD
Article 7), of websites using the service. These legitimate interests
include but are not limited to:
- Assembling statistics regarding the use of a website. (Accurately counting unique visitors is a vital statistic for any website).
- Preventing fraud and abuse, and maintaining information security. (Full IP addresses are necessary for this type of usage). (Recital 47 of the GDPR states: "The processing of Personal Data strictly necessary for the purposes of preventing fraud also constitutes a legitimate interest".)
As Customers of the Service are also End Users, the information listed above are also collected about our Customers when they are using the Service. The Personal Data that we log is as follows:
- Your UID and IP address, per the legitimate interests above.
- Your account username, per the legitimate interests above, as well as to help with customer service needs.
How we use your information
- To provide and maintain our Service to you.
- To help understand how Customers use our Service on an individual and aggregate basis in order to improve it.
- To help with customer service needs, such as troubleshooting issues that you report to us.
- To contact you with important account notifications, such as a failed payment or expiring subscription.
- To contact you with occasional product news and updates.
- Other research and analytical purposes such as Service performance, Customer behavior and retention, and common navigations through the Site.
How we share your information
We may share your information with service providers or contractors who perform actions or functions on our behalf, but only as necessary to provide and maintain the Service to you. All contractors and links to their privacy policies are listed below.
- We must share your billing information with our merchant account providers to charge you for the Service: Paypal, Authorize.net
No Customer information is shared with any other third party for any purpose, except for the potential legal reasons listed below.
End User information
End User information collected from a Customer's website is only shared with that Customer.
Customers can view End User geographic locations in an embedded Google Maps
, but otherwise, no End User information is shared with any other third party for any purpose -- except for potential legal reasons listed below.
Legal reasons that Customer or End User information may be shared:
- Meeting applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or enforceable governmental requests.
- In response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Detecting, preventing, or otherwise addressing fraud, security, or technical issues.
- Protecting against harm to the rights, property or safety of , our Customers, or the public as required or permitted by law.
- Enforcing applicable Terms of Service.
The following cookies are set by the Service. All cookies are first party unless otherwise noted. Temporary/session cookies may not all be listed.
If you check "remember me" on the login page, this cookie is set for 1 year to automatically log you in on future visits. Deleted if you manually "log out" of the Site.
Third party cookie, for authenticating the on-site analytics widget
when visiting your own websites. Saved for 30 days. Deleted if you manually "log out" of the Site.
Third party cookie, for ignoring your own visits to your own websites. Saved for 1 year.
No tracking cookies are used with the default visitor privacy settings.
If privacy is disabled, the following cookies may be used to enhance tracking:
There are a few pieces of data that we only need the tracking code to send on the first pageview of a visitor session. This cookie helps us achieve that. Expires after 10 minutes.
data is sampled at 50% by default, because it consumes a lot of excess bandwidth and storage. With cookies, we are able to make the randomness be per visitor instead of per page view. This cookie helps us achieve that. Expires after 10 minutes.
Stores external referrer for 30 days for better long term attribution of traffic sources.
Stores dynamic (UTM) campaign variables for 30 days for better long term attribution of marketing efforts.
Only set if a site is using custom data tracking
. These cookies cache certain custom data keys for 30 days so that they're attached to sessions even when a visitor is not logged in.
This cookie reduces bandwidth usage when certain visitor filters
are active, and expires after 1 hour. NOTE:
The Terms of Service
require you to remove the tracking code from all websites upon termination of your account. For sites that break the Terms and leave the code installed, this cookie will always
be set, regardless of privacy settings, in order to minimize bandwidth and CPU resource usage on our tracking servers.
A random integer generated upon someone's first visit to a website, for identifying unique visitors as accurately as possible. Stored for 1 year.
If an End User clicks a Customer's affiliate link
, we save the Customer's referral ID in this cookie for 30 days.
Regardless of the visitor privacy
setting, Customers can also disable tracking cookies manually by setting clicky_custom.cookies_disable
To the best of our ability, we protect all of our data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access and destruction.
You are responsible for using a strong and unique password for the Site to help keep your account secure. We are not responsbile for any unauthorized activity on your account because of lost, weak, or compromised passwords.
EU & Swiss Privacy Shield
In July 2020, EU and Swiss courts declared their respective US Privacy Shield Frameworks to be inadequate
for the transfer of Personal Data to the United States. Companies within these regions must now use the updated 2021 EU Standard Contractual Clauses ("SCCs") instead. The UK (after Brexit) has recognized the new EU SCCs as well, with a small addendum
. Our Data Processing Agreement
has been updated to include these SCCs for Customers in these regions.
Personal Data rights
EU, UK and Swiss residents have the legal right to access, correct, and delete their Personal Data, per the General Data Protection Regulation
(GDPR), with some exceptions. Residents of California and Brazil have similar rights and exceptions, per the California Consumer Privacy Act
(CCPA) and Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados Pessoais
Customers may contact us
directly to access or delete their data. End Users, with whom we we have no direct relationship, should send their inquiries directly to the Customer in question, as we are considered simply a "Data Processor" per the GDPR and a "Service Provider" per the CCPA. End Users may opt out
of tracking entirely if desired, also known as "Do not sell my personal information"
If we receive a request from an End User in relation to Personal Data processed for a Customer, we will advise the End User to submit their request to Customer, and Customer will be responsible for responding to such request using the tools
we have provided on our Site for handling Personal Data requests. Customer agrees to use all reasonable measures to verify the identity and location of an End User before sharing or modifying Personal Data.
Customers can export their data using the API
or the export function
, or delete their account using the link at the top of the user preferences
We retain Personal Data on behalf of our Customers for as long as needed to provide our Service to them, or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. To protect against accidental or malicious deletion, there is a delay before data is removed from our active systems and data will remain in our backup systems for up to 1 year before it is fully deleted.
The CCPA requires us to disclose the information we have collected and "sold" over the last 12 months. This is covered in Information we collect
Our Service is not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Data, the data will be deleted.
If you need to contact us about privacy, Personal Data, or Data Protection, or would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email
Changes to this Policy
This Policy may be updated from time to time, as documented below. We will notify you via your registered email address and/or a notice on this website prior to any significant changes becoming effective regarding Personal Data. You should periodically review this page for the latest information.
- Mar 18, 2022 - updated to reflect new stricter default privacy settings as they relate to tracking.
- Feb 22, 2022 - added contractor information for Formilla, and added external links to contractor privacy policies.
- Sep 27, 2021 - added clauses for Brazil's "Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados Pessoais" (LGPD).
- Aug 21, 2020 - added information about the EU Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) replacing the US Privacy Shield frameworks.
- Jul 1, 2020 - added clauses for the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
- May 25, 2018 - added clauses for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).